Impress your guests at any dinner party with this recipe for exploding white chocolate. It's such a showstopper, your friends will never know it was this easy!
This tasty chocolate treat can be whipped up in minutes. Use plain Pop Rocks for a traditional white chocolate or flavored to make them your favorite color. It's as fun as it is sweet!
Exploding white chocolate recipe
Quick tip: Pop Rocks are still made, but they can be hard to find. If they aren't available in your area, you can buy them online at retailers like Amazon and eBay.
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (about 12 packs) Pop Rocks candy in your favorite flavor or unflavored
- 1/4 cup puffed rice cereal
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or until smooth and just melted (it will continue to melt as you work with it).
- Carefully and slowly, fold in the cereal and Pop Rocks until evenly combined. Remember, you have to fold carefully or the Pop Rocks will lose their "pop." You’ll hear a bit of popping as you fold, which is OK.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour or until hard.
- Break into pieces and serve.
More creative dessert recipes
Snowman doughnut faces recipe
Cinco de Mayo piñata cookies
Beer fudge recipe