Who doesn't love Italian food, especially meatball subs? While being super delicious, they can be a bit time-consuming to prepare. In this recipe, we took store-bought turkey meatballs, jarred tomato sauce and fresh dinner rolls from our grocer's bakery and created these oh-so-cute mini-meatball sliders. These are wonderful for those watching their portion sizes, and they are ideal for kids!
Mini-meatball sliders recipe
- 1 package premade turkey meatballs
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pasta sauce or marinara sauce such as Classico
- 1 dozen fresh dinner rolls
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a medium-sized pot, prepare the turkey meatballs as directed on the package. Once the meatballs are cooked completely, add the jar of pasta or marinara sauce to the meatballs. Cover and allow to simmer 10-15 minutes or until nice and hot.
- With a bread knife, slice each dinner roll in half and place on a serving platter. Carefully add a meatball to each dinner roll and top with mozzarella if desired. Place the other half of the dinner roll on top and repeat for remaining sliders. Serve warm.
More slider recipes
Citrus barbecue chicken sliders