Pan-fried tofu is the perfect base for this healthy yet filling meal that's full of sweet and spicy flavor.
This healthy recipe is perfect for both lunch and dinner!
Sweet and spicy Asian tofu with vegetables recipe
- 10 ounces firm tofu packed in water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 cups assorted stir-fry vegetables
- 1/4 cup Asian hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- Wrap tofu in a few layers of paper towels and place between two plates. Allow some of the moisture to drain from the tofu for at least 20 minutes. Slice into 1-inch pieces.
- In a saute pan, preferably nonstick, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the vegetables until cooked through. Remove the vegetables and set aside. In the same pan, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and allow the tofu to brown on all sides, 4-5 minutes.
- While the tofu is browning, combine the hot sauce, sweet chili sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve the tofu, vegetables and sauce over rice or quinoa.
More Asian recipes
Asian style noodles and shrimp
Asian green beans with sesame and garlic
Asian short ribs and noodles