At midnight on New Year’s Eve, share a kiss and this chocolate-cherry drop shot with your main squeeze. It’s a fun way to ring in the new year together.
The key to a good drop shot is the temperature and timing. The cream-based ingredients and beer should be cold, and the shot should be taken immediately after the shot is dropped, otherwise, it may begin to curdle or separate. This drop shot for lovers is the perfect way to start an evening next to the fireplace. Celebrate your love!
Sweetheart stout drop shot recipe
- 3/4 pint double chocolate stout beer (like Young's)
- 1/2 shot Irish cream
- 1/2 shot cherry brandy
- Pour the beer into the mug, not filling it more than 3/4 full.
- Pour the cold Irish cream into the shot glass.
- Top with cherry brandy (mix if necessary).
- Serve immediately after pouring by allowing each person to drop their shot glass into the beer glass and carefully drinking the entire drink quickly.
Warn people to be careful drinking this shot to avoid breaking their teeth or cutting their lips on the shot glass if it comes out of the beer glass.
More cocktail recipes
5 Easy Bailey's drink recipes
Harry Potter-themed cocktails
Peanut butter and jelly cocktail recipes