Say hello to 2013 while eating delicious party food. These unique appetizers are just what your New Year’s Eve party needs.
When it comes to party food, bite-size is always best. After all, guests won't want to have to put down their cocktails to eat! These tasty appetizers are perfect New Year's Eve party bites.
Sweet fig and creamy Brie make a perfect bite, especially when topped with fresh orange zest and cilantro.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 10 teaspoons fig jam
- 10 heaping teaspoons Brie
- Chopped cilantro
- Orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll pie crust out slightly in all directions. Using a 2-1/2 inch round biscuit cutter, cut out 20 pieces of pastry.
- Press pastry into miniature muffin tins, making sure to press into corners and bottom. Prick bottom of each pastry several times with a fork.
- Bake for 9 minutes, until just golden brown. (Pastry will continue to cook under the broiler.) Remove from oven and place pastry shells on a wire rack.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon fig jam into each pastry cup, then top with a heaping 1/2 teaspoon Brie.
- Place filled pastry cups on a baking sheet and under the broiler with the oven rack in the middle position. Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted, watching carefully so pastry cups don't burn.
- Remove and immediately sprinkle with chopped cilantro and orange zest.
Go ahead, admit it — the inner-child in all of us loves pigs in blankets. But with this grown-up gourmet version, you don't have to hide it anymore.
- 3 flavored precooked sausages (we used chicken-sun-dried tomato)
- 1 can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 12 slices Gruyere cheese
- 1 egg
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll breadstick dough. Roll each piece into about a 13-inch snake.
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise.
- Beat egg with a splash of water to make an egg wash.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each sausage, then wrap 1 breadstick around each sausage piece.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix all dipping sauce ingredients together.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Get ready for big flavor with this spicy and creamy lemongrass dipping sauce.
- 16 shrimp (21-25 count) with shells on
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 red jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons panko
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Shell shrimp and place shells in a saucepan. Refrigerate shrimp.
- Finely mince 1 tablespoon of lemongrass and reserve. Bruise remaining lemongrass with the back of a knife, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Place pieces in saucepan with shrimp shells. Add wine and water, then bring mixture to a boil. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, until reduced by half. Strain and reserve broth.
- In another saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute minced lemongrass and red onion until soft. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute, then add broth. Reduce by about half. Add jalapeno and whisk in cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Thread 2 shrimp each onto bamboo skewers. Place on baking sheet. Brush both sides of shrimp with a small amount of lemongrass sauce. Sprinkle top of shrimp with Parmesan cheese and panko.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Divide remaining sauce (about 1/2 tablespoon each) into 8 small glasses. Stand shrimp skewers up in glasses. Serve warm.
More cocktail party recipes
3 Fun and fruity New Year's Eve cocktails
Pear, Brie and honey bruschetta
3 Savory appetizers