If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to eat healthier, this strawberry and chamomile smoothie is a perfect choice for breakfast or lunch!
Healthy and relaxing
If one of your New Year's resolutions is to eat healthier, this strawberry and chamomile smoothie is a perfect choice for breakfast or lunch!
Strawberries and chamomile are a delicious combination. Both are subtle and not intrusive, and, when mixed together, they create a relaxing blend of berry and flower flavors. Dried chamomile flowers and quinoa give body to this hearty smoothie, and you'll feel healthier just drinking it!
Strawberry, chamomile and quinoa smoothie recipe
- 1/2 cup chamomile tea
- 1 tablespoon dried chamomile flowers (or 1 tea bag), plus extra flowers for garnish
- 1 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Steep chamomile flowers in hot water for about 5 minutes. Strain flowers (or remove tea bag) if you don't want to include them in the smoothie. If you want to include them for a more intense flavor, leave them. Refrigerate until cool.
- Put the almond milk, cold chamomile tea (and flowers if using), cooked quinoa and strawberries in a blender and blend until smooth. Sweeten with honey if needed.
- Garnish with dried chamomile flowers if desired.
More Daily Flavor
Curried chicken salad
Oven-baked eggplant fries