After a few days of stuffing your face with cookies and eggnog, the last thing you want to think about is how you're going to fit into your New Year's Eve party dress. Instead of fasting the day of the party, why not enjoy one of these decadent appetizers? Each one is under 100 calories.
Who doesn't love a skinny appetizer? These stunning apps have fewer than 100 calories apiece and still contain your favorite ingredients, like goat cheese, chives and salmon! Plus, they all take less than 30 minutes to prepare. What's not to love?
Each little crostini is full of Mediterranean flavor, not calories! Each crusty and delicious bite only has 77 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. These pair lovely with a light-bodied red wine.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Yields about 12
- 1 loaf of crusty French bread
- 8-1/2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread slices on a baking dish and coat with cooking spray. Bake for about 4 minutes and then flip. Cover the other side of bread with cooking spray and bake another 4 minutes.
- To make the pesto, blend the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper and garlic cloves in a food processor until smooth.
- Once crostinis are golden brown, spread about 1-1/2 tablespoons of sun-dried pesto on each piece of bread and garnish with Parmesan.
These delicious bites only have 82 calories a piece! The rich goat cheese and chives pair perfectly with a glass of crisp white wine!
- 8 baby bella mushrooms
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- About 4 tablespoons fresh chives
- About 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the stems off the mushroom caps and discard.
- Stuff about 1/2 ounce of soft goat cheese into the mushroom caps. Drizzle each cap with about 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Bake caps for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh chives (about 1/2 teaspoon each).
Want to save a bunch of calories but keep the flavors you love? Sub out cucumber for bread! You get the same crunch with 75 percent fewer calories. Each of these salmon bites has only 20 calories and pairs beautifully with Champagne!
Yields about 28
- 1 medium cucumber
- 5 - 6 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- About 4 ounces creamy horseradish sauce (use this recipe)
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Peel the cucumber and then slice into 28 slices.
- To assemble, top each cucumber with salmon and a dab of horseradish sauce. Garnish with fresh chives.
More low-calorie recipes
Our best low calorie recipes
21 Homemade snacks under 100 calories
1,500 Calorie full day menu