Skip the restaurant for a great Mexican-inspired meal. Instead, try this hearty and simple recipe for black bean and corn green chili enchiladas for a Meatless Monday meal.
A great meal doesn't have to be difficult to put together. Black bean and corn green chili enchiladas is a great example! All it takes to enjoy a home-cooked, Mexican-inspired Meatless Monday meal is a few steps around the stovetop, a pop in the oven for a bit and that's it! Break out the tortilla chips and green salad, and you've got a meal everyone will rave over!
Black bean and corn green chili enchilada recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces corn kernels, canned or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 ounces green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Sour cream, cubed avocado and chopped tomato for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place a baking sheet near your work area to help with prepping the enchiladas.
- Add the beans and corn to a bowl, mix together and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the vegetable broth, onion, green chilies, garlic, black pepper and coriander. Simmer for about 10 minutes so some of the broth is absorbed. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Once cooled slightly, add the lime juice to the mixture. Use an immersion blender to carefully blend until smooth.
- Add the sour cream to the mixture and whisk until it's incorporated. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add some of the enchilada mixture to lightly cover the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Place all your ingredients near each other, close to the baking dish and baking sheet.
- Dip a tortilla into the enchilada sauce and allow the excess to drip off. Place the tortilla onto the baking sheet, and add a few tablespoons of the bean and corn mixture down the middle of the tortilla, then add about an ounce of cheese. Roll it up and place it in the baking dish, with the seam on the bottom. Repeat with each tortilla.
- When finished, top the rolled tortillas with the extra sauce and a bit more cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly.
Roll with this tasty dish!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Creamy cauliflower gratin
Quinoa and cranberry salad with tomato vinaigrette
Butternut squash and Swiss chard pizza