A Light And
These fresh veggie wraps are bursting with healthy ingredients. The crispy veggies are topped with a slightly sweet avocado dressing then rolled up in whole wheat tortillas, making the perfect grab-and-go lunch.
Sometimes when you think of plain veggie wraps they can sound drab and boring but not these. The freshness of the veggies offers lots of crunch and the avocado dressing is smooth, creamy with a hint of sweetness. Super healthy these make an excellent portable lunch.
Veggie wraps with avocado honey dressing recipe
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 of 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- 2-3 cups of chopped greens such as romaine, kale or baby spinach
- Alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/2 of 1 avocado, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (you can substitute light or fat free or even dairy free mayonnaise)
- Pinch of salt
- In a blender add the avocado, lemon juice, garlic, honey and mayonnaise and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Slightly warm the tortilla for a few seconds to make it easier to roll. Spread each tortilla with a thin layer of the softened cream cheese.
- Begin layering all of the vegetables in the center of the tortilla. Top with alfalfa sprouts and and drizzle with the avocado honey dressing. Gently roll up the tortilla and serve.
More recipes for wraps
Homemade taco wraps
Blue cheese BLT wraps
Healthy ham wrap