Looking for a perfect meatless lunch? These simple baked taquitos can be made ahead of time and easily heated up at work. Don't worry about eating out ever again!
Looking for a quick lunchtime treat? These simple, flavorful taquitos will totally hit the spot! They are stuffed with black beans, corn, red bell pepper, garlic and pepper jack cheese. It's a little spicy but big on flavor. To keep things cool, we made a simple avocado dipping sauce. This is the lunchtime treat your co-workers will want to steal!
Baked black bean taquito recipe
Yields 6 taquitos
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (you could also use olive oil)
- 1/2 cup rinsed black beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet add avocado oil. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add black beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes until vegetables are starting to soften but do not let them brown.
- Add in garlic and let cook for a few more moments until fragrant.
- Take pan off the heat and get ready to fill flour tortillas.
- Lay out tortillas, divide filling equally between the tortillas, top with equal amount of cheese and roll tightly. Lay the taquitos, seam side up, onto a parchment lined baking sheet and stick a toothpick into the taquito so it will stay closed.
- Lightly brush a little oil onto the tortilla so it will crisp.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes until crispy on the outside and cheese is melted on the inside.
- Serve warm and dip into avocado sour cream dip.
Avocado dipping sauce recipe
Yields a little more than 1/2 cup
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In the bowl of a food processor add ripe avocado, sour cream, cilantro and salt. Puree till smooth and creamy. Keep cold till ready to use.
More taquito recipes
Potato and black bass taquito recipe
Chicken taquito recipe
Beef stuffed taquito recipe