Looking for a quick and easy lunch? Want to spice up your daily meal? These simple and filling tostadas are sure to fit the bill! Fresh butternut squash is cubed and cooked with spicy chipotle chili powder and sage. Crispy corn tortillas are spread with creamy goat cheese, the spiced butternut squash and cubed avocado. This easy meal is sure to impress!
Butternut squash tostada recipe
Yields 3 tostadas
- 1-1/2 cups fresh butternut squash, cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 small corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons creamy goat cheese
- 1/2 of an avocado, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add cubed butternut squash to a small pot, top with water and boil for about 5 minutes. The squash should be slightly soft but not mushy. Drain.
- Add 2 teaspoons olive oil to a pan and add in drained butternut squash. Sprinkle with chipotle chili powder, ground sage and kosher salt. Cook over medium heat until cooked throughout and slightly browned.
- While the squash is cooking on the stovetop, spray both sides of the tortillas with olive oil. Add to a baking sheet and add to oven. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until the tortilla is crunchy.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven, divide goat cheese, squash and avocado equally among the three corn tortillas in the following order: goat cheese, squash and avocado.
More tostada recipes
Shrimp tostadas recipe
Salmon tostadas salad recipe
Grilled tostadas with radish salad recipe