Don't go out and buy your meals. These two quick-and-easy meals are super simple to make in a mug! That's right. Single-serving macaroni and cheese and French toast... both in a mug!
Short on time? No gas for your stove? These are two very possible problems that occur in the kitchen. These two simple recipes will be sure to get you through your day.
First up we have a creamy macaroni and cheese recipe. It's simple, ready in about 5 minutes and cooked all together in one coffee mug! That's right. One mug.
Creamy macaroni and cheese in a mug recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup elbow pasta (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2-4 tablespoons whole milk
- Add water and dried pasta to a large mug. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Give it a stir after the 2 minutes and cook it again for 2 minutes. Stir and test your macaroni at this point. It should be al dente. If not, cook for another minute. (Your water may boil over a little bit, this is normal.)
- Once macaroni is cooked, add in butter and cheese. Stir together. If you had a lot of water leftover, you may only need a splash or two of milk. This will all depend on how creamy you like your macaroni and cheese.
- Cook for another minute on high, stir, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Next up we have a quick breakfast option. That's right. Breakfast in a mug. This sweet treat is easy to throw together and is a lot less messy than setting up a whole French toast station at home. Give this one a try for a lazy Sunday hot breakfast or even for a quick midweek breakfast.
French toast in a mug recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large slices bread (cubed)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Topping: maple syrup, whipped cream or powdered sugar
- Add butter to the bottom of a large mug. Add cubed bread on top.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt.
- Slowly pour over bread and let it sit for about 1 minute to soak into the bread.
- Microwave on high for about 4 minutes until the bread is no longer soggy. Top with maple syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar or all three!
More quick dish recipes
3 quick homemade salsa recipes
Strawberry and spinach salad recipe
Leftover mini green bean casserole frittata recipe