Grab One Or
Two For Dinner!
Mushroom and onion vegetarian tacos make a fantastic option for a Meatless Monday meal! You definitely won’t miss the meat in these.
When it's time to make a meatless meal, don't overlook tacos. These tasty treats are often filled with things like chicken or beef, but this recipe for mushroom and onion vegetarian tacos from Old El Paso will satisfy everyone! The mushrooms add meatiness, and the caramelized onions and seasonings blend perfectly.
Mushroom and onion vegetarian taco recipe
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 large fresh portobello mushrooms (about 3 cups), sliced, cut in half, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso taco seasoning mix (from a 1-ounce package)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 (6 inch) Old El Paso flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas
- 1 cup guacamole, for topping
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for topping
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese, for topping
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook the onion in the oil, stirring occasionally, until brown. Add the mushrooms and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce the heat to low, add taco seasoning mix and water, and cook about 5 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the taco filling on the tortillas. Add the toppings, and roll up tortillas to serve.
Tacos make a great option for a Meatless Monday meal!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Quinoa and cranberry salad with tomato vinaigrette
White bean and corn chili
Crustless broccoli and cheese quiche