The beautiful red and green colors in this salad are perfect for your Christmas dinner. Cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella pearls with homemade brown sugar balsamic dressing make this the perfect side dish for your holiday meal.
This is a very simple and very beautiful holiday side dish. We often don't think about serving salads with our winter dinners, but this one is sure to impress. The red tomatoes and the fresh green basil really make this holiday salad stand out on the table. You can also prepare the balsamic dressing ahead to save time.
Christmas caprese salad with brown sugar balsamic dressing recipe
For the salad:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch fresh basil, very thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls (or fresh mozzarella diced into bite-size pieces)
For the balsamic maple reduction:
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- In a sauce pot over medium-low heat add the balsamic vinegar and the brown sugar. Cook for 3-5 minutes until bubbly and thick. Once it's reduced, it should be able to coat the back of a spoon. Allow to cool
- Add the halved tomatoes and fresh mozzarella pearls to a bowl. Before serving, add in the fresh basil and drizzle the reduction over the salad.
More holiday-inspired recipes
Holiday salad recipes
Elegant and chic holiday recipes