For The Serious Chocolate Lover
These chocolaty sweets are commonly known as chocolate crinkles, which are a fudgy cookie rolled in powdered sugar and baked. These delicate treats are not going to last long. Perfect holiday snack for the serious chocolate cookie lover
These cookies will blow your mind! Super soft and super fudgy, these cookies pack a serious chocolate punch. This dough can and will be very, very sticky and very thick. We highly advise you to allow the dough to chill several hours before baking so that you can handle and roll the dough into balls. If you find the dough starting to get sticky while assembling, just chill the dough until it firms back up. These are wonderful with a cold glass of milk.
Chocolate snowball crinkle cookie recipe
Yields approximately 3 dozen, depending on the size of the cookie
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a stand mixer (or you can use a hand mixer), cream together white sugar and butter. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Once mixed add in the cocoa powder slowly making sure to mix very well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and add into the cocoa mixture. Mix very well (this batter will be very thick and very sticky). Cover the dough and chill for at least 4 hours. The longer the dough is chilled, the easier it will be to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 to 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Chill the cookies for 10-15 minutes to firm them back up. (Using a cookie scoop is helpful so that the cookies are all close to the same size.)
- Put the confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Roll each chilled dough ball in the sugar, making sure to coat the cookie as much as possible. Place the cookie balls back onto the parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake or they will get very hard. Once done, let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More holiday cookie recipes
Easy christmas cookies
Stained glass cookies
Holiday wreath cookies