Made In A Mug!
Do you ever get a chocolate craving that only a decadent cake can satisfy? Instead of making the entire cake (and eating far more than you normally would), why not make a delicious cake for one? This delicious chocolate mint mug cake is perfect for those late night sweet tooth cravings because it serves just one and takes less than five minutes to make!
Our favorite part of this recipe (besides how quick it is to make) is the minty cream cheese filling in the center! With each forkful, you get gooey milk chocolate and minty, sweet filling. It's a much more practical way to indulge this holiday season, don't you think?
Mint chocolate cake in a mug
Recipe adapted from Mama Me Gluten Free
For the cake:
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons melted chocolate chips
For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- White icing for drizzle
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, egg and cream. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar and salt, and stir with a whisk. Add in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, extract and food coloring together.
- Scoop half of the chocolate cake mix into a medium-size microwavable safe mug. Scoop the minty filling over the chocolate. Add the remaining chocolate cake batter over the top of the filling.
- Microwave on high for about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until cake is fully cooked! Drizzle with white chocolate and enjoy!
More quick and easy dessert recipes
Deep dish chocolate chip cookie pie
Cinnamon pumpkin ice cream sandwiches
Pumpkin pie on a stick