Who doesn't love a slider? These fresh little sandwiches are packed full of flavor and are a breeze to put together. They are great for using leftover pot roast but even better when made fresh. We topped ours with a little arugula but they would be great topped with cheese, too. The homemade horseradish sauce really pulls these sandwiches together and is a great addition to the flavor department.
Pot roast slider recipe
Adapted from Alton Brown
Yields 12-15 sliders
- 4 pound chuck roast
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 12-15 small slider buns
- Horseradish sauce (recipe follows)
- Add pot roast to 6-quart slow cooker and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour red wine and beef broth around the roast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until meat is fork tender and pulls apart. Shred all the beef in the slow cooker and leave it to soak up the juices.
- Open up all buns, spread with a little horseradish sauce, add about 1/3 cup meat to the bun and top with arugula.
Horseradish sauce recipe
Yield 1-1/4 cups
- 1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated horseradish or jarred prepared grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a small bowl add all ingredients and mix well. Cover and let sit overnight in the fridge to let flavors develop.
More slider recipes
Lamb slider with avocado fries recipe
Avocado and crab slider recipe
BLT slider recipe