This is a totally new approach to grilled cheese. Because of the added egg, you can get away with eating this for breakfast. We won't tell!
It's time to change things up! This simple sandwich is full of flavor and perfect for breakfast... or lunch... or even dinner! Sandwiched between two pieces of buttery crispy bread you will find sharp cheddar cheese, a runny egg, crispy bacon and spinach! This is the type of sandwich you won't want to share. Don't worry, we won't judge you. We completely understand. Look at all the deliciousness!
Breakfast grilled cheese sandwich recipe
Yields 1 sandwich
- 1 jumbo egg
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 slices crispy bacon
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach
- In a lightly oiled frying pan, add one egg, being careful not to crack the yolk. Lightly season with salt and pepper and fry over medium heat. Flip egg and cook on opposite side. Undercook your egg just a little because it will cook a little longer when you cook the sandwich.
- Carefully take egg out of the pan and set it on a small plate while you assemble sandwich.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, using 1 tablespoon butter per slice.
- Add buttered side of bread to pan and top it with one slice cheese, bacon, fried egg, spinach, remaining cheese slice and top with other slice of bread.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the bottom is crispy brown. Flip and continue to cook on the other side until brown and toasted.
More grilled cheese recipes
Sloppy Joe grilled cheese recipe
Pizza grilled cheese recipe
Roast beef and caramelized onion grilled cheese recipe