A Unique Fall-Inspired Frozen Treat
Whoever said frozen confections were just for summer has clearly never tasted cinnamon pumpkin ice cream. The mix of vanilla, pumpkin and cinnamon flavors gives this ice cream the perfect fall taste. What makes this dessert even better is when it's sandwiched between two homemade sugar cookies.
These bite-size ice cream sandwiches make the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table. These babies are super easy to eat and require no plate or fork, which means less time spent in the kitchen and more time spent eating these frozen ice cream bites!
Cinnamon pumpkin ice cream sandwiches
Serves about 8
For the filling:
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the cookies:
- 5 tablespoons soft butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To make the pumpkin ice cream: Mix vanilla ice cream, pumpkin and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until you need it.
- To prepare the cookies: Beat butter, sugar and egg together in a large mixing bowl. Add vanilla and beat until mixed. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt together. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Form a disc with the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least two hours.
- Once dough has chilled, place it onto a floured surface. Roll out dough to about one-third-inch thickness. Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out circles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place cookies on the baking sheet and bake for about eight minutes or until golden. Let chill completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cookies have chilled, remove ice cream from freezer. Using a melon baller or a spoon, spoon ice cream onto a cookie. Place another cookie over it and place on a baking sheet. Freeze sandwiches for about an hour or until they are set.
More ice cream recipes
Vegan cake batter ice cream recipe
Key lime pie ice cream recipe
Ice cream sandwiches on a stick