Spruce up a
Mushroom farro salad is a healthy side dish and a flavorful alternative to boring leafy green salads.
Mushroom farro salad
Recipe adapted from Allan Shewchuk
Makes 8 servings
- 4 cups farro
- 2 pounds wild mushrooms, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup arugula or mixed greens
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, cover farro with one inch of cold water and soak for 20 minutes. Drain well and return to pan, then cover with more cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While farro is cooking, toss mushrooms with olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- When farro is cooked, drain well and spread on a baking sheet to cool. When mushrooms are cooked, also spread on baking sheet to cool.
- When farro and mushrooms are at room temperature, combine in a serving bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice, cheese, toasted pine nuts, arugula or mixed greens and season to taste with salt and pepper.
More mushroom recipes
Mushroom stuffed chicken
Stuffed mushrooms with roasted garlic and thyme cream cheese recipe
Mushroom ravioli in a mushroom cream sauce recipe