Breakfast for dinner? Why not! Don't think simply cereal or settle for scrambled eggs. Instead, try this bacon and egg pizza that will surely delight!
Sometimes it's fun to switch things up a little and use your imagination to create a great dinner. Why not try serving a breakfast-inspired Sunday dinner?
Bacon and egg pizza brings breakfast food to the dinner table with some substance. Served up on a pizza, your family will get a kick out of the flip-flopped, filling dinner menu! Using your imagination to create interesting meals, like a breakfast-for-dinner pizza, can carry through to playtime for your kids, too. Unstructured playtime can be a great break from all the routine and planned activities of the day. It can even help build critical skills. Read on to discover 4 ways to foster imaginative play.
Bacon and egg pizza
- 1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1/4 cup favorite pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, a bit more to taste
- 2 ounces bacon, cooked, patted dry with a paper towel and crumbled
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven according to the pizza crust directions.
- When the oven is hot and ready, spread the pizza sauce on the crust, then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange the crumbled bacon all around the top of the cheese, just to the edges of the pizza.
- Cook until the pizza is almost finished, with about five or six minutes left.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Gently make a slight indentation into the center of the pizza, moving the sauce, cheese and bacon out from the middle just a bit.
- Crack an egg into a cup, taking care not to crack the yolk, then carefully slide it from the cup to the center of the pizza.
- Place the pizza back in the oven so the egg can cook, for about five or six minutes, or until done.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Season the egg with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Slice the pizza so each serving has some of the egg with it.
Flip your day and enjoy a breakfast-style pizza for dinner!
More Sunday Dinner recipes
Croque Monsieur sandwiches
Baked potatoes four ways
Baked shells with winter squash