Flavorful carrot cake cupakes are stuffed inside Mason jars and topped with cream cheese frosting. It's the perfect on-the-go snack!
This simple recipe is easy enough to carry around and makes the perfect gift. You could give it away in a Christmas basket, teacher's gift or even as a fresh sweet treat to take on a plane. Because it's fall, we made a traditional cinnamon-spiced carrot cake and layered it with whipped cream cheese frosting. This is the perfect on-the-go fall treat!
Carrot cake cupcakes on the go recipe
Yields 8 cakes
- Make 24 cupcakes and let cool.
- Using a clean Mason jar, add a cupcake or two on the bottom of the jar. Depending on the size of the jar you use you can make two or three layers of cupcake. If you use a wide-bottomed jar you will have to take two cupcakes and break them to fit perfectly on the bottom.
- Add a layer of cream cheese frosting, add another cupcake (break up if easier ) and top with cream cheese frosting. To turn this delicious dish into a treat on the go just screw on the lid.
*Note: If you want to keep the cupcakes whole, the best jar size to use is a 12-ounce quilted Mason jelly jar. This will make three very pretty layers.
Cream cheese frosting recipe
Yields about 2 cups
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In the bowl of a mixer, blend cream cheese and butter until smooth and combined.
- Add in vanilla extract and cinnamon, and continue mixing.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Put frosting into the refrigerator for 15 minutes before using.
More on-the-go treat recipes
Mason jar pumpkin cupcake recipe
Creamsicle cupcakes in a jar recipe
Firecracker cupcakes in a jar recipe