Sometimes you just need cheese and bacon in your life. These croquettes are filled with both and perfect for your next party!
Not sure how to use up leftover mashed potatoes? Don't worry. We have you covered! Creamy mashed potatoes are mixed with sharp aged cheddar and crispy bacon, then shaped into patties. We then rolled each croquette in panko and gave it a quick fry on the stovetop. This crispy-on-the-outside, full-of-flavor-on-the-inside croquette is something that will keep you coming back for more! Plus, we made a quick Sriracha yogurt dipping sauce that will be sure to knock your socks off!
Cheesy bacon potato croquette recipe
Yields 16-24 croquettes (depending on size)
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 strips bacon (chopped and fried crispy)
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Warm cold mashed potatoes (if already warm just skip this step) and mix in cheese, bacon, fresh cracked pepper, and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Roll into oblong patties and set aside. If the mixture will not hold a shape just add a little milk to help hold together the mixture.
- Whisk eggs together, dip potato patty and roll in panko.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook patties until crispy and brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with or without dipping sauce.
Note: To keep patties warm just put them onto a cookie sheet and keep warm in a 250 degree F oven.
Yogurt Sriracha dipping sauce recipe
Yields 1 cup
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-4 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (depending on desired heat level)
- In a small bowl add both ingredients and mix until combined. Keep cold and serve with potato croquettes.
More croquette recipes
Tuna boat croquette recipe
Salmon croquette recipe
Chicken croquette recipe