A Greek Twist To The Classic Cupcake!
Baklava is a classic Greek dessert. We took all the work out of making them and turned them into sweet little cupcakes!
Baklava is a classic Greek dessert, but it can be a bit time consuming to put together. Layer after layer of flaky phyllo dough and sweet nut filling. Instead of going the traditional route, we simply took the flavors and turned it into a cupcake! A simple spiced cupcake topped with homemade honey cinnamon buttercream and a dollop of sweetened honey nuts. It's delicious and beautiful!
Baklava cupcake recipe
Yield 24 cupcakes
- 1 box white cupcake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare cake according to box directions. Adding in the ground cloves and ground cinnamon while mixing.
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions and let cool.
- Top with frosting and 1 teaspoon nut topping per cupcake.
Honey cinnamon buttercream frosting recipe
Yield 1 cup frosting
- 1 stick room temperature unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons orange flower honey
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, add unsalted butter. Mix until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in honey and cinnamon and blend.
- Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Blending completely with each addition. If frosting seems too thick, simply thin it out with a splash of milk.
Mixed nut topping recipe
Yield 1 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a high-sided saucepan, add all ingredients and stir over medium-heat until water is almost completely evaporated and nuts are covered in a sticky sauce. Do not over-cook, or the nuts will become too hard once they sit.
More cupcake recipes
Strawberry cheesecake cupcake recipe
Creamsicle cupcake recipe
Apple pie filled cupcake recipe