Cheesecake is even better when you can eat it one bite at a time! The crust is full of gingerbread flavor, and the cheesecake is light with lemony flavor.
Want to make cheesecake but don't have the time? This quick dish will give you all the flavor without all the work! The bottom is made out of store bought gingerbread dough and the top is soft and creamy homemade cheesecake! One bite is a mixture of delicious flavors — ginger, lemon and cinnamon. It's the perfect fall treat! Plus, who doesn't love the little drizzle of caramel on top? It's optional, but who would want to turn that down?
Gingerbread cheesecake bites recipe
Yield 36 cheesecake cups
- 1 pouch gingerbread cookie mix or your favorite gingerbread cookie recipe
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks room temperature cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest (depending on level of lemon flavor you desire)
- Optional: Caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make batter according to cookie mix directions, or make your favorite cookie dough. You want enough to make 3 dozen 2-inch cookies.
- Line cupcake trays with cupcake liners (this recipe will make 36 mini cheesecakes) and add 2 teaspoons of dough to the bottom of each cupcake liner. Gently flatten dough ball with your fingers, and bake for about 8 minutes until cookies are spread and cover the bottom completely.
- While all your cookie bottoms bake, make the cheesecake filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla extract and fresh lemon zest. Blend on medium speed until creamy and fully mixed.
- Once all the bottoms are made, top each with 5 teaspoons cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until cheesecake is set and firm.
- Optional: drizzle with caramel ice cream topping right before serving
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More gingerbread recipes
Miniature gingerbread trifle recipe
Gingerbread latte recipe
Gingerbread butterscotch cookie recipe