There are no rules that say you can only eat frozen yogurt in the summer. With the addition of pumpkin, it takes it to the next season!
Frozen yogurt is the perfect sweet treat no matter what time of the year. This version is lightly-flavored with fresh (or canned) pumpkin puree and Greek yogurt. If you don't have an ice cream maker don't worry! You can add the ingredients to a bag, put it in the freezer and give it a good stir (or smoosh around in the bag) every half hour until you reach the desired consistency. Healthy, easy, delicious and the perfect light ending to your Thanksgiving meal.
Pumpkin frozen yogurt recipe
Yields about 4 servings
- 1 cup vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (this can be left out if you use vanilla yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the yogurt mixture to an automatic ice cream maker and churn until soft-serve consistency.
- Place in freezer-safe container and freeze until hard and set.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker add to large plastic bag, freeze and stir (or move around inside bag) until frozen.
- Optional: Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
More yogurt recipes
5 layer yogurt dip recipe
Pineapple honey yogurt dip recipe
Chicken breast in light yogurt marinade recipe