All The Flavor
Without All The Work
Crispy cannolis are a classic Italian treat. No need to spend all day in the kitchen making this version. Creamy filling is cooked right into crisy wonton shells.
Cannolis are a classic Italian treat. Sadly they can take a lot of time to prepare. Between making shells and then filling the shells, you can take up a lot of time. That is why we decided to make things a whole lot easier! Using some store-bought wonton wrappers, we recreated the crispy cannoli shells, then filled them with some out-of-this-world delicious cannoli filling. You can top your cannoli cups with mini chocolate chips or sprinkles.
This is your new go-to dessert treat!
Mini cannoli cups recipe
Yields 30-35 cups
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extact (almond works great, too)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 35 wonton wrappers
- Set colander inside a bowl and line the colander with cheesecloth. Add ricotta cheese, cover and let sit overnight to drain. In the morning, you will see water at the bottom of the bowl. Throw the water out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add drained ricotta and powdered sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and lemon zest and mix till incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips or reserve for just the topping. It's your choice.
- Put in fridge while your shells bake.
- To make shells: gently press wonton shells into mini muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Let cool and pipe filling into wonton cups. Top with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips if desired.
More ricotta recipes
Lemon ricotta risotto recipe
Ricotta meatball recipe
Blueberry ricotta pancake recipe