Orange Juice Makes A Great Sauce For Ribs
Ribs on the barbecue are a delicious summertime treat. But just because the weather's turned chilly doesn't mean you still can't enjoy this wonderful dinner.
Ribs are one of those great dinner options when you can invite a few friends over and have a cookout on the grill. But when the weather turns cold, who wants to stand over a grill, freezing their fingers off cooking any kind of meat? I certainly don't. Luckily Bon Appetit doesn't want me to go hungry. So, they suggested cooking the ribs on the stove in a large pot. They may not have the charred flavor that comes from the grill, but they were just as scrumptious and the orange juice glaze makes them a perfect choice for those cold fall or winter nights.
Orange and soy-glazed ribs
- 3-1/2 pounds baby back ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce, divided
- 10 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 5 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place the ribs, a half cup of soy sauce, two teaspoons of cumin and five minced garlic cloves into a large pot over high heat. Add water to the pot until the ribs are covered completely. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce the heat immediately to low. Cover and cook until the ribs are tender and cooked all the way through, about two hours.
- While the ribs cook, heat the oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add the remaining cumin, garlic cloves and scallions and cook until tender, about two minutes. Stir in the remaining soy sauce, orange juice and honey. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook until thick, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place the cooked ribs on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the soy/orange sauce. Broil the ribs for two minutes. Turn the ribs over and brush with the remaining sauce. Broil for another two minutes. Transfer the ribs to a platter and serve immediately.
Other orange juice recipes
Chocolate orange juice smoothie
Orange juice cake
Orange juice glazed carrots