It's the time of year that calls for apples and incorporating them into dessert is always a tasty option. This recipe for gluten-free apple-pecan cobbler will add something special to your fall.
This season, bring back a traditional dish with this recipe for gluten-free apple-pecan cobbler. Your kitchen will smell delightful, and you'll definitely enjoy this sweet treat. Serve it topped with your favorite vanilla ice cream for added goodness!
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (or make your own gluten-free baking flour mix)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a large bowl to combine the apples, one cup of orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, cornstarch and pecans, and mix well.
- Add the apple mixture to an 11 x 7-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, blend together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Make a well in the center and add the remaining orange juice, egg, butter and milk. Mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Use a spoon to dollop the batter over the apple mixture. Use a spatula to smooth out the batter and spread it evenly over the apples.
- Sprinkle the top with the three tablespoons of brown sugar and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the topping is golden.
- Allow the cobbler to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Top individual servings with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt if you'd like.
This cobbler made with seasonal apples is sure to become a favorite!
More gluten-free goodies
Individual mixed berry and pecan crisps
Brownies with caramel, almond and sea salt frosting
Raspberry scones with lemon drizzle icing