Who knew ravioli could be served as an appetizer? It can be in this awe-inspiring deep-fried starter.
Fried lobster ravioli with red pepper cream sauce
- 1 package frozen lobster ravioli
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, sauteed
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Parboil frozen lobster raviolis for eight minutes. While they cook, begin making red pepper cream sauce.
- In a food processor, mix roasted red peppers, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and garlic until finely chopped.
- Transfer red pepper mixture into a large bowl and stir in whipping cream with salt and pepper to taste. Heat sauce on the stove, be careful not to boil. When heated, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, make homemade buttermilk by mixing the milk and lemon juice and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- When done boiling, drain the raviolis, dab dry with a paper towel, dip them in the buttermilk, then coat them in breadcrumbs.
- Fry the coated raviolis on medium-high heat in 320 degree F olive oil for about one and one-half minutes on both sides.
- Allow them to sit for a few minutes to set, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Dip in roasted red pepper cream sauce.
More seafood ideas
Grilled oysters with herbed garlic butter
Seafood stew recipe
Grilled shrimp kabobs