This is the time of year when a lot of us get excited about our favorite fall treats. You'll want to add these festive milkshakes to your list!
Whether you love the season for its abundance of apples, seasonal beers or for the colors of the upcoming Halloween fun, these milkshakes have a little something for everyone! Give one — or all — a try this season for a special treat to remember all year long!
Creamy candy corn "milkshake"
Sweet and colorful, just like candy corn, this "shake" is layered in colors. Not exactly a shake, but close enough (and cute enough) that you won't notice a difference!
Yields 2 (16 ounce) "milkshakes"
- 8 scoops of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, divided
- Yellow and red food coloring
- Whipped topping
- Brown, orange and yellow sprinkles for garnish
- Divide the ice cream or frozen yogurt evenly between two bowls, one for the yellow layer and one for the orange layer of the milkshake.
- Add three drops of yellow food coloring to the first bowl, more if you'd like a brighter shade.
- With a spoon, mix the food coloring into the ice cream until you reach your desired shade, and the ice cream is softened.
- Do the same for the orange layer of ice cream, but combine a few drops of yellow and a few drops of red to create orange.
- Once you've reached the colors you like, carefully layer the softened ice cream into two clear, 16-ounce glasses, first with the yellow, then the orange.
- For the white layer, use whipped topping, adding it to the top of the orange layer, then garnish with the colored sprinkles.
Caramel apple milkshake
This shake tastes like a favorite fall treat, caramel-coated apples, but it won't lead to a sticky situation! This shake is super-simple to whip up and enjoy.
Yields 2 (6 ounce) shakes
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup prepared caramel sauce, plus extra to drizzle on top
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy.
Harvest ale milkshake
Beer in a milkshake? Definitely not something you see every day, but you'll enjoy this combo. The selection of fall ales and beer is bountiful. Pick up your favorite to make this delightful adult milkshake!
Yields 2 (16 ounce) milkshakes
- 6 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of your favorite harvest ale or beer
- 2 tablespoons prepared caramel sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- Whipped topping for garnish
- Add the ice cream and caramel sauce to a blender. Slowly add the beer.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 16-ounce glasses, add some whipped topping and drizzle with caramel sauce.
This season, enjoy a special milkshake!
More seasonal treats
Warm, wonderful autumn cocktails
Candy corn kiss cookies
Wine cocktails for fall