A new twist
on the calzone
Have a little fun with these cheesy pepperoni sandwiches.
Is it pizza? Is it a sandwich? Is it a calzone? All of the above!
Pepperoni & cheese stuffed ciabatta
- 1 piece ciabatta
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Take a piece of ciabatta, cut a hole in the top and dig out the inside of the bread. (Save the crumbs for homemade breadcrumbs.)
- Stuff the bread with layers of provolone cheese and sliced pepperoni, pressing down on each layer as you build — you want it to be dense.
- When you reach close to the top, place the piece of bread you cut off, back onto the bread. Place a slice of provolone cheese over the top of the entire sandwich, place it in a pan, cover with foil and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Slice diagonally with a serrated knife and enjoy!
More pepperoni recipes
Spaghetti pepperoni pie
No-bake pepperoni pizza