Eggplant haters will convert after this
A healthier version of fried eggplant. Be sure to slice your eggplant thinly to ensure a delicious crunch.
Eggplant fries are a healthy alternative to french fries, and even your kids will love them!
Oven-baked eggplant fries
- 2 baby eggplants
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups panko
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice your eggplant into very thin strips.
- Whisk two egg whites in a medium-large bowl.
- Add panko, breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cayenne pepper to a zip-closed bag and shake.
- Place a handful of your raw eggplant fries into the bowl with the egg whites and coat well.
- Place egg white coated eggplant fries into the panko/breadcrumb mixture and shake all around to coat the fries with the mixture.
- Place your coated eggplant fries onto your pan (not overlapping) and cook about 10-12 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce!
More great recipes
Potato leek soup
Roasted chicken: rethink simplicity
Mashed butternut squash with crispy bacon and shallot