Kick it up a notch!
Be sure to slice your skirt steak against the grain in this deliciously rich and spicy dish!
Skirt steak's tender, juicy, marbled texture is perfect for soaking up marinades and best cooked on a screaming hot grill. Complemented by a spicy Asian sauce, it's not for the faint of heart.
Grilled skirt steak with Thai red chili sauce and Thai basil
- 1 pound skirt steak
- Fresh Thai basil
- 24 Thai red chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper the skirt steak on both sides. Then, grill it quickly over a super hot charcoal grill for about three or four minutes per side.
- Whip up the homemade Thai chili sauce by pureeing the peppers, garlic, fish sauce and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Lightly drizzle the sauce over the top of the meat and finish it off with fragrant, fresh Thai basil.
More related links
Oven-baked eggplant fries
Pepperoni & cheese stuffed ciabatta
Chorizo and potato soft tacos with homemade salsa