In A Big Way
Why eat a pumpkin cinnamon roll like everyone else? In this super fun recipe, we transform this treat into something huge and spectacular. You will surely be the talk of the holiday gathering with this treat.
We all love pumpkin and we all love cinnamon rolls, right? So why not make this recipe bigger and better than all the others. Literally! Here we took a basic pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe, and, instead of making individual servings, we created a massive pumpkin roll to serve in slices. This impressive fun recipe looks like it took all day to create but it's super easy and super fun!
Giant pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe
Inspired by my baking addiction
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 large baking sheet
- Cooking spray
- Parchment paper
For the dough
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 packet instant or quick rise yeast
For the filling
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
For the frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a mixer add all of the dough ingredients and mix until the dough is soft and smooth. It will most likely be pretty sticky. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with a dish towel. Allow the dough to rise in a dark place for about one-and-one-half hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray and set aside. Once the dough has risen, turn it onto a floured surface and roll into a large rectangle as thin as possible without it breaking. Use a pastry brush or the back of a large spoon to evenly spread the softened butter over the dough but leaving about a one inch border.
- In a small bowl mix all of the filling ingredients together and sprinkle over the entire surface of the dough. Starting with the shortest end of the dough begin slowly rolling the dough into a log keeping the dough as tight as possible. Once you have the log assembled cut the dough in half (lengthwise) so that you have two long logs (do not cut the dough in half).
- On the cookie sheet take one of the logs and gently begin to coil the dough until it begins to resemble a large cinnamon roll. Continue with the second piece of dough until the entire roll is assembled. Bake the roll for about 35-45 minutes, depending on your oven or until it is baked thru and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- For the glaze, mix the cream cheese, softened butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice until nice and creamy. If you would like to thin it out add a little bit of cream or milk until the desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over the roll and cut into slices as you would a cake or a pie. Serve warm.
More pumpkin recipes
Pumpkin spice granola and yogurt parfaits
Pumpkin orange scones
Creamy pumpkin soup