An On The Go
Nothing is sweeter than a treat on the go. These little Mason jar pumpkin cupcakes are perfect for fall!
There is nothing better than being able to tote around a cupcake no matter where you go. This sweet treat is baked inside a small Mason jar and topped with homemade cream cheese frosting. The cupcake is moist, pumpkiny and full of warm spice flavor. This will be your new favorite travel treat!
Mason jar pumpkin cupcake recipe
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Yielda 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 18 (4 ounce) Mason jars with nonstick cooking spray. If you do not have Mason jars, simply line cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together dark brown sugar, white sugar, melted butter and eggs. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in pumpkin puree and stir until completely combined.
- Fill Mason jars a little over half full and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top of your cupcakes spring back and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool and top with clove-spiced cream cheese frosting.
Clove-spiced cream cheese frosting recipe
Yields abour 1-1/2 cups
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract. Slowly add in powdered sugar until desired consistency.
- Once desired consistency is met, add in ground cloves. If you find the frosting too thick, simply add a little milk to thin it out. If it's too thin, add more powdered sugar to thicken it up.
More cupcake recipes
Creamsicle cupcakes in a jar
Mini strawberry lemonade cupcakes
Firecracker cupcakes in a jar