side dish or snack!
The Italian dressing bakes into these potatoes giving them a subtle flavor — perfect for enjoying french fry-style or as a welcome side to chicken, beef or fish.
This is a fun and simple way to add a touch of flavor to baked potato wedges.
Baked potato wedges with Italian dressing
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- Line a baking sheet (with sides) with aluminum foil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice your potatoes into wedges (about six to eight slices per potato).
- Drizzle the foil with one-half cup of your favorite Italian salad dressing.
- Place your potatoes into the pan, toss around to coat with the dressing.
- Arrange potato wedges in a single layer not overlapping.
- Pour an additional one-quarter cup dressing over top of the potato wedges.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes turn up heat to 425 degrees F and cook an additional 10 minutes or until fork tender and crisping.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove potato wedges from the pan and sprinkle with kosher or sea salt.
- Garnish with fresh chives if desired.
Delicious plain or why not serve with any of the following: French onion dip, hot cheese dip, ranch, blue cheese dip, chimichurri sauce or good old-fashioned ketchup .
Simple scalloped potatoes
Oven-baked eggplant fries
Potato leek soup