The Flavors Of Fall
In A Cookie
These little cookies pack all sorts of fall flavors. Pumpkin spice sugar cookies are topped with a surprise, making these an impressive little treat.
Nothing screams fall like pumpkin and spices. If you've ever had chocolate chip pumpkin bread, this is the same great taste only in cookie form. Soft spicy pumpkin sugar cookies are baked, then topped off with a cute little treat. This recipe is not only super easy it requires only a few simple ingredients, and it will leave your whole house smelling wonderful.
Pumpkin spiced kisses recipe
Yields 24 cookies, depending on size
- 24 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- 1 log store-bought sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup raw or coarse sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, add the cookie dough, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, mixing very well. Chill the dough for at least one hour or until it becomes stiff and easy to handle.
- In a small bowl mix the raw sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Using a mini cookie scoop or spoon, roll dough into balls trying to keep them all uniform in size. Keep the cookie balls rather small because they will spread as they bake. Roll each ball into the raw sugar mix and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and gently place a Hershey's Kiss in the center of each cookie. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container for several days.
More pumpkin recipes
Baked pumpkin mac and cheese
Pumpkin pie dip