If you're looking for a salad that's perfect for any meal, toss together a classic Israeli salad for a gluten-free Friday dish.
Does it get any fresher than this classic Israeli salad? We don't think so! This is a traditional breakfast dish, but it's great for any meal. Tossed with lots and lots of parsley, you'll also love the combination of flavors when you add tomato, bell pepper and cucumber.
The dressing is simple, but you could add a few other ingredients to the mix: olives, feta cheese, a side of hummus and any other favorite veggies. Not only fresh in taste, this salad is bright and beautiful!
Note: Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Classic Israeli salad
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber (1-1/2 cups), diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Toss all the vegetables in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well to coat.
Fresh and colorful makes for a great meal, any time of day!
More gluten-free Friday recipes
Breakfast bagels with mascarpone
Chicken and curried quinoa salad