Butternut squash ravioli with sage brown butter sauce recipe
- 1 package of store-bought butternut squash ravioli
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herbs such as basil, thyme or oregano for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add a heaping teaspoon of sea salt. Cook the ravioli as directed on the package. Once the ravioli are done, drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the butter and allow it to cook until it begins to turn a golden brown color, about three to five minutes. Once it's golden brown, add in the sage leaves, balsamic vinegar and the salt and pepper, stirring constantly for about two minutes. Add the ravioli back into the pan and gently fold the ravioli into the sauce.
- Transfer the ravioli to a large serving platter. If you wish to add fresh herbs, do this right before serving to prevent them from wilting.
More ravioli recipes
Crispy baked ravioli bites