Summer is time for light and flavorful dishes. Grilled zucchini, goat cheese and fresh herbs totally fit that bill!
Summer might be coming to a close, but that doesn't mean we have to abandon meals that are light and fresh. Gardens are still bursting with zucchini, and this recipe is the perfect way to use them up! Plus, this meal will help you use up all your fresh herbs before the weather turns cold. Simple grilled zucchini, fresh herbs and goat cheese — it's your new favorite meal!
Grilled zucchini roll-ups with herbs and goat cheese
Serving size 4
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped lemon thyme
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 small zucchini
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together goat cheese, chopped basil, chopped lemon thyme and a few cracks of fresh pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of the zucchini. Using a vegetable peeler (or a knife), thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise.
- Baste the zucchini slices with olive oil, and lightly grill them on an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Do no overcook the zucchini, or they will fall apart.
- Gently spread some goat cheese over one side of the grilled zucchini, and roll up.
More zucchini recipes
Zucchini blossoms stuffed with ricotta and basil
Chocolate zucchini muffins
Zesty baked zucchini fries