They are soft and fluffy and full of sweet cinnamon sugar flavor. Plus, the topping gets crunchy after it's baked so it's even better! Who wouldn't love waking up to that?
Recipe adapted from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
Yields about 24 muffins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and one cup sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and cream cheese. Blend until smooth and combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture, blend; add buttermilk, blend again; add rest of flour mixture and blend until dough is completely formed.
- In a small bowl add remaining white sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop out three tablespoons of dough, roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and add to lined cupcake dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until fully cooked.
More muffin recipes
Chocolate zucchini muffins
Mini lemon muffins