Traditionally, waffles are served at breakfast, but we think they're appropriate any time of day. KRUPS has provided fool-proof tips to make the perfect waffle as well as some tasty recipes for sweet and savory waffles to enjoy all day long.
The do's and don'ts of waffle making
- Do heat your waffle iron at least 10 minutes before pouring the batter in or your waffles won't rise properly, and you'll have flat, heavy waffles.
- Don't mix the batter too quickly or vigorously. Mix slowly and evenly to get the right consistency, or your waffles will be tough and chewy.
- No peeking! Don't lift the lid too early or you will let out the steam.
- Don't use cooking spray on your waffle iron. Do take a basting brush or a paper towel and cover the surface lightly with vegetable oil. Your waffle iron will last much longer, and you'll have fewer problems with sticking. It also helps to produces a better crust on the waffle.
Try these delicious waffle recipes below, compliments of the waffle kings themselves — KRUPS! And don't forget to add your favorite toppings!
KRUPS' signature waffles
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Brush oil on preheated waffle iron.
- Pour mix onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot and with your favorite toppings.
Up next: Waffle recipes for breakfast and lunch >>