Sweet chunks of mango are tossed into a creamy chicken salad and served in cute little avocado boats. Portable and perfect for your next picnic.
While avocados are very healthy, they can also be a super fun way to serve chicken salad. This chicken salad is loaded with mangos, spices and sunflower seeds, giving it lots of flavors and different textures. Perfect poolside or for your next picnic with the family.
Mango chicken salad in avocado boats recipe
- 2 large avocados
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced or shredded
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Splash of agave nectar or pure maple syrup
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Sunflower seeds as garnish (may also substitute peanuts, cashews or pine nuts)
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the ingredients except for the avocados. Mix the chicken salad well and chill several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Before serving cut the avocados in half removing the seed.
- Divide the chicken salad among the four avocado halves. Top with fresh cilantro and sunflower seeds. Serve immediately.
More chicken salad recipes
Farm stand chicken salad
Chicken waldorf salad
Buffalo chicken salad