Break out the marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate… and don’t forget the raspberries! Leave the campfire behind and make these s'mores-n-berry bars to celebrate National S'mores Day!
Who doesn't love a s'mores treat? They bring back childhood memories, they can create new memories, and, um… they taste amazing! But don't worry — you don't have to head to the campsite to enjoy them. This recipe for s'mores-n-berry bars is baked in the oven and has the added sweetness of fresh raspberries. What could be better?
Recipe courtesy of Grab a Plate
For the crust
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the brownie
- 1 package prepared chocolate brownie mix
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, cleaned and dried
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
For the topping
- 2 whole graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
For the crust
- Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil so that it hangs over the edges, and preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Use a medium-sized bowl to mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake until golden, or for about 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
For the brownies and topping
- Meanwhile, use a medium-sized bowl and mix the brownie mixture together, then gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the batter over the graham cracker crust.
- Bake the brownie mixture for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean.
- Remove the brownie and place the oven on broil.
- Meanwhile, break the two graham crackers into small pieces and arrange them in a single layer on top of the brownie.
- Next arrange the mini marshmallows evenly over the top of the graham crackers.
- Place the brownie back in the oven for just for a few minutes, until the marshmallows begin to brown. Keep a close watch on them so they don't burn.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Remove from the pan using the overhanging foil and cut into bars to serve.
What s'more could you want to celebrate?
More s'mores recipes to try
S'mores ice cream pie
Banana and Nutella S'mores
Simple S'mores pie