An Island Breakfast, Beach Not Included
Bring a taste of the islands home with these healthy, vegan coconut pancakes. Roasted seasonal fruit makes a great topping. No butter or syrup required!
Coconut pancakes with roasted fruit topping
These coconut pancakes get their flavor naturally from coconut flour, oil, milk and water. They are so rich and fluffy nobody will guess they're vegan!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 apricot, pitted and halved
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the fresh fruit on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together whole wheat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and ground flaxseeds in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine coconut oil, banana, agave, coconut milk, coconut water and vanilla extract and pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add one-quarter cup of the pancake batter to the pan and cook until bubbles form in the center. Carefully flip the pancake and cook an additional one to two minutes. Repeat until all the pancakes are cooked.
- Top pancakes with roasted fruit topping
More pancake recipes
Birthday cake pancakes
Ultimate blueberry ricotta pancake recipe
Fruity summer pancakes