Family night in
It's fun to bring dinner in, but it can be even more fun, and equally delicious, when you stay home and make it yourself. This recipe for Thai beef stir-fry is just the thing to bring the family together. It's loaded with veggies, and the sauce is delectable. Serve this with brown rice and it's sure to become your family's favorite replacement for takeout!
Get help with dessert
It doesn't matter what the season or day, it's always a good time for tasty dessert treats! After a yummy meal, it's fun to enjoy a special treat. It's even more fun when the kids in your family can help put it together. Get the family involved in making an after-dinner treat. Check out some of these easy and tasty, kid-friendly desserts.
Thai beef stir-fry
- 1-1/4-pound beef tenderloin, cut into 2-inch-long, thin strips
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups button mushrooms, cut into large pieces
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- First make the sauce by whisking together the beef broth, brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and remaining seasonings. The liquid will thicken just slightly. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add one tablespoon of vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the beef until almost done, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a second tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan and stir-fry the vegetables for three or four minutes so they are soft but still very firm.
- Add the meat to the vegetable mixture.
- Add the sauce to the mixture and cook for two or three minutes until everything is mixed together and heated through.
- Serve over brown rice.
Nothing beats a simple and satisfying stir-fry!
More Sunday Dinners to try
Land, sea and veggie kabobs
Blue cheese BLT wraps
Pork carnitas tacos