A Delicious, Spicy And Gluten-Free Stew
In the mood for something spicy tonight? Forget hot wings or jalapeños, whip up this batch of curried chicken instead! Made with lentils, chicken breasts and curry powder, this dish isn't just good, either. It's naturally gluten-free!
Each bite of this hearty and rich stew is filled to the brim with zest, spice and incredible flavor. If you'd prefer to sit back with a glass of wine, let your slow cooker do the work by letting this delicious stew simmer for up to six hours. Whether you make it over the stove or in your favorite appliance, this stew is a must-have for anyone, especially those with gluten allergies or celiac disease!
Spicy chicken curry recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free curry powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, liquid reserved
- 16 ounces spinach, drained
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic and saute for about two minutes.
- Add chicken and saute for five minutes or until browned. Add curry, cumin and pepper; stir well to coat the chicken breasts. Add chicken broth, lentils and tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Then, reduce the heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in spinach and let simmer another five to eight minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in chopped cilantro.
More gluten-free recipes
Gluten-free BBQ recipes
Gluten-free Friday: Flatbread with rosemary and sea salt
Gluten-free party recipes