Blueberry soup shooters with minty whipped cream recipe
When the temperatures are in the high 90s, the thought of having soup seems a little crazy. However, just because it's hot doesn't mean you have to cut out all of your favorite soups! Instead, enjoy a chilled soup, like this light-as-air blueberry soup with minty whipped cream!
Each sip is cool and refreshing while still having that hearty and comforting texture you know and love from soup. Not only is this soup perfect for summer nights, it's a beautiful appetizer or dessert option for a dinner party, wedding or shower! Plus, the single-serving shooters make it easy to enjoy without the need for a spoon!
Chilled blueberry soup shooters with minty whipped cream
Recipe adapted from My Recipes
Yields about 12 shooters
For the soup
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup blueberry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups light cream
For the minty whipped cream
- 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or more for taste)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Mint leaves for garnish
- To prepare the soup, place the blueberries, orange juice, blueberry juice, sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a medium-size saucepan. Bring mixture to a rapid boil, stirring constantly. Let boil for about two minutes then remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- Pour mixture into a blender or food processor. Blend on low until completely smooth. Gradually add cream, blending between each addition, until mixture is creamy. Pour into shooter glasses and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To prepare whipped cream, pour cream into a chilled metal mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high. Gradually add sugar and beat well after each addition. Continue beating until a soft peak forms. Stir in peppermint extract and beat another minute longer. Chill whipped cream before serving.
- Right before serving, garnish each shooter with minty whipped cream and a mint sprig.