Who doesn't love cheesecake? When it's in cupcake form and topped with sweet strawberries, it's even better!
Looking for a new summer cupcake? Strawberries are nutrious and perfect for summer. Whether you buy the giant strawberries from California or pick your own, they are all sweet and delicious. This time we took a flavorful French vanilla cupcake and swirled it with a strawberry and red wine reduction. To top it off, it's slathered with rich and tasty cream cheese frosting. For just a little decoration, we sprinkled on some graham cracker crumbs. It's a flavorful twist on strawberry cheesecake but in cupcake form!
Strawberry cheesecake cupcake recipe
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 box French vanilla cupcake mix
- 1 tablepsoon graham cracker crumbs
- Add hulled and sliced strawberries to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add strawberry puree to a small pot and add red wine. On medium heat, cook down until thick. About half will be cooked away. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare French vanilla cupcake mix according to box directions. Fill lined cupcake tins about two-thirds full.
- Add two teaspoons strawberry red wine puree and swirl with toothpick.
- Bake for 18 minutes until toothpick is clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool for five minutes in the pan and then cool on baking rack.
- Top with cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs.
Cream cheese frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl of an electric mixer add cream cheese and butter. Blend until smooth and creamy and slowly add powdered sugar until combined.
- Once fluffy add in vanilla extract and blend until combined.
More cheesecake recipes
Strawberry cheesecake dessert pizza recipe
The perfect one-bite cheesecake treat
How to fake a cheesecake